Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum (https://www.voltforums.com/forums/)
-   Chevy Volt General Discussion (https://www.voltforums.com/forums/5-chevy-volt-general-discussion/)
-   -   Adaptive Cruise Issues (https://www.voltforums.com/forums/5-chevy-volt-general-discussion/31865-adaptive-cruise-issues.html)

srsherman 08-09-2017 05:40 AM

Adaptive Cruise Issues

On my 2017 Volt, on an intermittent basis, I get a message that the adaptive Cruise control is not available. A few times, after it has been set, it has disengaged on its own. The dealer checked with GM and found a stealth fix. There is a plate that is added to the brake pedal that should fix the problem. It didn't. My dealer is stumped and I'm not happy about it. Anyone else having this issue?

michael621 08-09-2017 01:22 PM

I have yet to experience that issue. I can understand your frustration, that is one of my favorite features on the car.

lasterk 10-09-2017 07:18 PM

cruise control not working

I too am having trouble with my cruise control disengaging or not working at all. It's not an adaptive CC, but a regular CC on an LT model, but it is the same issue. It has something to do with the brake pedal or a switch on the pedal. If I put my foot under the pedal and push up lightly, to CC will work. Sometimes it will stay on, other times it goes off when I remove my foot from under the pedal. Service from the dealer "re-calibrated the brake switch". That worked for about 2 days, then the problem resumed. They have ordered a new brake switch which they will replace next week. We will see if that works. I also think there is some play in the pedal and will ask if they can tighten up the pedal.

Don Houston 11-13-2017 11:29 PM

I have the same issue. It is intermittent and unpredictable.
The dealer checked it out, says it is a 'feature'. The story I was given was that if you drive a long time on a straight road with no cars ahead of you that the radar detects, the unit decides that it isn't working and shuts down. There are a lot of straight lonely roads in Manitoba ... but also a lot of moose, which is why I really wanted the automatic braking that comes with adaptive cruise control.

Lnorton 02-03-2020 07:18 PM

If you want to boost your income in 2020, Amazon FBA is the perfect platform for starting your own side business. Through the Amazon FBA program, anyone can set up a virtual store on the site. The best part is that the logistics such as fulfillment and customer service are all taken care of by Amazon. Start earning online through Amazon FBA - 2020