2018 Volt Heater problem .. do you have this issue ? - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

2018 Volt Heater problem .. do you have this issue ?

Hi guys, i am new to a Volt and to this forum. I search the forum but found nothing relate to my issue. So i am posting this, maybe some of you have some input or experience similar issue.

I just got a 2018 Volt LT, now it has 1700 miles. I am in central California. I can't get the heat to work unless i press "max". If i dont use "max", and even if i turn the temperature to "HI", i get room temperature air. I took it to dealership, they said everything works normal. I dont get it.

please comment if you know something .. thanks so much

fc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 01:27 AM

Cool heater issue

If you are in eco mode then the heater is operating at lower levels to conserve energy. Heat the car up on max and then switch to eco mode if you want to preserve energy. Alternatively precondition your car with the MyChev App or remote start while it is plugged in or parked somewhere and then it will be warm when you get in. I usually run my heater on max and take the energy usage hit. The same principle applies with air conditioning
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 AM

Confused Iím having same issue on my 18. If I put on max isnít that the air conditioners

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:21 AM

Please take some time to read your quick intro in the owners manual. MAX is not for AC. To get AC look at the heater dial/knob on the right which shows the temperature. Turn the dial to the left until it says LO. That is maximum AC cool. Turn dial to the right until you see HI. That is maximum heat. Look at the buttons above it - one says Max the other above it says "eco". These control the level of energy for heat and cool. MAX makes your heating and cooling work like a regular ICE car. "eco" makes your climate control dial work like an efficient battery driven machine giving you 50% less coolness and heating no matter what your temperature dial is reading.

In eco mode you will need to supplement your heating comfort by turning on the heated seats and heated steering wheel which is more energy efficient than MAX mode. Otherwise if you want maximum no brainer lazy comfort, always light up the MAX button as on and change the temp dial to your preferred heat or coolness temp. All this info is in your owners manual which is easier to navigate if you download it onto your iPad. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Than you. I just got the car and havenít had time to read manual with work. Will do this weekend. This was great 👍
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode