Where Volt & Bolt lose out to Model 3, leaf and others - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Where Volt & Bolt lose out to Model 3, leaf and others

Chevy is stuck on using and supporting OnStar which theymust be a major investor in or something. Nissan with carwings is free for you to not only connect, but see your charging status all the time through PC or app. Tesla without saying but the same for Kia and ford. You can see your charging status through pc, or IOS/Android device. Chevy loses big here, while they do let you see it through your PC by logging into mychevrolet.com and going to vehicle profile, their app does not let you and tells you need an enhanced subscription.

When my original Onstar expired, I did not take a paid one, and then they offered me free 3-year basic OnStar, which I called and signed up for. I was suppose to be able to see charging stats, but it only works on PC and not on the android or IOS apps. On the apps I can only do basic fob functions such as lock/unlock doors and precondition car.

I ask, how can you sell a $45k electric/ PHECV and not be able to check your charging status through your phone? This has actually made me get a leaf for my second car, and will make goto a Model 3 as soon as they are more radially available.

Anyone this frustrated with CHevy over them trying to force OnStar on us for such a basic fiudamental part of having an electric car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Not only should this service be freely available without an enhanced subscription, but the information that should be provided is typically unavailable. The performance metrics were incomplete when available during the trial and what was provided was clearly incorrect. Now when I try to view my charging and efficiency status all I see is the message "We're sorry. There was an error connecting with your vehicle. Please refresh your browser or try again later." The service provided is shameful and makes me regret dealing with Chevy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 01:57 AM

Complained to my Volt Advisor at GM head office the other day after purchasing my new 2018 Volt. Big shock that OnStar was charging 14.95 per month for a very basic app. Chevy nerds are working on a GM app that should be ready in August which does more than the OnStar app and it will be free. GM is finally giving customers a choice and catching up to the competition. The dealers have used their megaphone complaints too. Stay tuned in August and check with your Volt Advisor. Owner in Ontario, Canada.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Nice information..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode