Found this forum from my chevrolet com - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Found this forum from my chevrolet com

I'm already a member of many Volt Forums, especially the first one which I joined in 2008 when the Volt was still in the various drawing and concept stages, gm-volt dot com GM-Volt: Chevy Volt Forum This site was linked to the my.chevrolet.com site so I clicked it and I ended up here. So I know the Volt very well from its colored history and how it even became a political punching bag during GM's bankruptcy filing and the " bailout". I've had a first generation Volt (used and now sold) and a brand new (just last year) second generation Volt.

My Volt's name is Gold River Volt and being tracked over at VoltStats.Net

My Gold River Volt is now tied for the Number 3 Spot in the Volt Stats Hall Of Fame! When I joined, I was ranked in the 7,500th place for efficiency but within a couple of months, I landed in the Hall Of Fame, for pushing the Volt beyond its expected performance. And after about a year amongst, the Volt Stats Hall of Famers, I can't believe I rose further to rank #3.

Just a year of driving and have logged 33,812 total miles and counting, and 32,463 of those miles are electric (about 99% of my trips were powered by wall electricity and 96% of my mileage are electric). I'm getting 1,095 mpg achieving 30,800 miles for a tank of gas, and have also gotten a record of driving 351 miles in one whole day without a drop of gas. Have achieved 9,750 miles of continuous electric miles without gasoline (except only for required maintenance), and would have achieved double that value if our dealer's Volt technician haven't drove it to test run the gas engine as part of their final test protocol.

Not tracked by VoltStats, but I have also gotten 186.8 miles on one full charge of Volt's battery pack. You can see my pics on facebook as I couldn't upload the pics yet. And yes, I am a hyper miler, achieving between 70-120 miles per single charge. And sometimes I drive like a maniac at more than 80 mph (when no cops are sighted) and only get 48 miles per charge.

The Volt is one of the greatest technological car. It doesn't crawl like other fuel efficient cars in order to be fuel efficient. The Volt is a sporty car on demand! Such marvelous piece of technology that allow me to go mostly electric on my common trips without range anxiety nor sacrificing the distance and convenience to go anywhere, not worrying where to recharge in times of emergencies and unplanned trips. It has been the best car for my driving profile.

Last edited by Joe Real; 09-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode