new owner - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
new owner

Hi guys,

New owner of a Chevy Volt here. First plug in, first hybrid, first Chevy, etc

The reason I'm joining the forums is really to learn about customizing it. I'd like to get rid of a little bit of the buzzing caused by the speakers and road vibration (its subtle but it exists). Also like to upgrade the sound system ever so slightly. Like better front speakers, a better amp T or D class of course, and a small light weight removable subwoofer like a bazooka tube/infinity bass link/other.

Then I'd like to also learning about programing because I'd like the full acceleration to come on without the huge delay in sport mode only (I feel everything else is perfectly fine). I'd to get a OBD scanner running that gets me more useful info. Would like to reset my lifetime fuel econ. I'd also like to get quieter tires when it comes time to replace them.

I would also like to learn how to and what updates my car needs before the warranty runs out.

I plan on installing 220 in my garage before the end of the month. Converting my factory charger over to L2.

I plan on powder coating the wheels, darkening the grille, making quite a few other cosmetic adjustments that don't cost much.

Going to get the radiator protector and the aftermarket cargo cover.

Anyways I already LOVE this car and I would honestly only invest the time into doing any of this if I knew I was going to own the car forever and that is def how it looks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode