searching locksmith - Key no longer locks or unlocks driver door - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM

Default searching locksmith - Key no longer locks or unlocks driver door

i have my chevy volt 2006 and i'm facing problem with it diver side door lock. I can lock the car from the inside but I can no longer use my key to lock and unlock the door on the drivers side. so now i need a locksmith but i dnt want any high expensive locksmith, if anyone knows about it plzz inform me about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 02:20 AM

Exclamation Key doesn't work

I had a situation occur the other day with my 2012 Volt. The battery in the remote died and I couldn't start my car! Yikes! That's a big issue! The remote takes a common watch battery. I could key into the car just fine using the physical key but couldn't start the car without the car sensing the remote is inside (which didn't happen if the battery is dead). Once I replaced the battery in the remote I could start the car just fine.

Lesson learned: keep a spare battery for the remote in your car!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlock View Post
I had a situation occur the other day with my 2012 Volt. The battery in the remote died and I couldn't start my car! Yikes! That's a big issue! The remote takes a common watch battery. I could key into the car just fine using the physical key but couldn't start the car without the car sensing the remote is inside (which didn't happen if the battery is dead). Once I replaced the battery in the remote I could start the car just fine.

Lesson learned: keep a spare battery for the remote in your car!!!!
Read your owners manual. There is a place inside the car to place the fob, if the battery is dead, that will allow the car to still be started. I tested mine with the fob battery completely removed and it still worked.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Thank you*informed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement