Rear view camera view - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Default Rear view camera view

In some of the YouTube videos on the 2012 Volt when they showed the rear camera view it showed orange quide lines that illustrated the car's path when backing up which changed according to the angle of the front tires. I have a rear view camera on my 2013 Volt, but it does not show the guidelines. Has that feature been deleted on the 2013's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 AM

For what it's worth I drove a 2013 Volt at the dealer this afternoon and saw those lines on the backup camera display.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Default Rear Camera Guide Lines

The guide lines are only present if you got the Navigation System.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:30 PM

HI guys - thanks very much for posting this info.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM

thank you so much its really helped
Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 PM

I purchased (leased) a new 2014 Volt a few months ago. Shortly after I bought it (within the second week) the check engine light came on, so I pressed the OnStar button to request a diagnostic. The OnStar advisor reported 4 separate issues and, while 3 issues recommended seeking attention within 7-10 days, 1 issue required attention within 1 day...I immediately drove to the dealership.

It was still early in the morning and I needed to get to work, so the dealer gave me a free rental car. While I was at work, the dealer called to inform me that they would require a few days to order the necessary parts and to complete the repairs. The good news was that everything, including the rental car, was covered under the warranty.

When I picked up my repaired Volt, I noticed the rear view camera display was no longer showing the guidelines, and I thought to myself that there must be a toggle setting for the guidelines. I spent a few minutes trying various settings but I could not restore the guidelines. Rather than going into the dealership again, I decided to go home and read the owner manual.

I could not find the solution in the owner manual, so I contacted Chevrolet customer care. They replied that the guidelines were discontinued with the 2013 model-year and not available on 2014 models. I disregarded this as a canned response delivered by a part-time, inexperienced, barely trained, minimum-wage CSR and planned to go back to the dealership for some real answers. But, rather than make a special trip for a minor issue, I decided to put it on the back burner until my Volt's first scheduled maintenance (warranty) visit.

7 months later, I brought in the Volt for its (7,500-mile) maintenance, a GM recall issue and, of course, the rear view camera display issue. The maintenance and recall were done in only a few minutes but I was there for over 5 hours, while the technicians were poring over updates and searching for a solution to the rear view guidelines. They finally gave up when their own tech support reps advised that my Volt's VIN indicates it was never equipped with the guidelines! So, in other words, they're suggesting I must've previously imagined the guidelines?!?

Are there any forum members with 2014-model Volts whose rear view camera displays do show the guidelines? Would you be willing to share a pic and your VIN to help me discredit Chevy's excuse that the guidelines are "not available" on 2014 Volts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement