240 Charger Recommendations - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Default 240 Charger Recommendations

Utility: DTE Energy

What 240V charger supplied by SPX/DTE Energy would you recommend under the charger Incentive program?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Default 240 Chevy Volt charging

I am considering the 240 volt cable from STX Voltex with a cost of 490 + tax. I have printed out the installation instructions and contacted a local company to install. I will probably order Monday. With my in and out driving and I live 5 miles out in the boonies I think it will pay for the quick charging.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Who to have install?

Also interested in charging solutions. I would appreciate any links to charging solutions that work with the Volt to charge most effeciently and safely.

Another question I have is who to have install. We have some additional electrical work to be done in the house/back yard and thinking that having one electrician do that work as well as the 240V lines run to the garage would be more cost effective.

Do the charging solutions need to be hard wired or can they use a 240V plug?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM

Default 240 Volt Charging on the Volt

I see no reason a qualified electrician could not do the job. I am sure I could do it but I won't as I am not qualified. I still have not ordered the STX Voltex unit because I want to be sure the Chevy dealer can't get it for me cheaper. At least with no freght.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Hair View Post
I see no reason a qualified electrician could not do the job. I am sure I could do it but I won't as I am not qualified. I still have not ordered the STX Voltex unit because I want to be sure the Chevy dealer can't get it for me cheaper. At least with no freght.

Where can I find out information about the STX Voltex? I search for it and the search results are not good.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Default STX Voltex

I got the home page for STX and searched for the Voltex home charger. I also see a 800# for them and talked to a sales lady. I was discouraged from have them do the installation as the cost can total over $2000. My chevy dealer is in process of getting me a price for GM. (It will be the same unit)
Old 03-12-2012, 06:54 PM

Default STX Voltex 240 charger for volt

To: Keithf 11389
I just ordered the STX Voltex 240 charger from my Chevy dealer from GM for $450 delivered. This will be about $55 cheaper that from the manufacturer.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Ahh I see the issue it is SPX Voltec not STX.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM

Default 240 volt chager

Did you ever order the SPX 240 volt charger? I ordered one from chevy that is a new model recommend by my dealer. However, it has not come in as yet. As I mentioned it is $450 with no frt. I will let you know when it arrives and is installed.

Last edited by A. B. Hair; 05-12-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM

In the for what it's worth category. I choose the Charge Point from Coulomb Technologies.

It is a permanent installation with 40amp capability so good for any of today's EV's. Plus I'm getting the EV Peak/Off Peak rate from my utility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement