Improved Electric Range with Software Update - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Release / Pricing
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:33 AM

Smile Improved Electric Range with Software Update

We purchased a 2013 Volt in early October. We now have about 900 miles on it. A few days ago, we took in the new car for a 25-inspection point. This was concurrent to getting a call from On-Star to take the car into the dealer to get a software update.

We have noticed a change in the car now since that. When we charge the car, it now shows 47 mile range instead of 41 mile rage. The car actually appears to go a bit farther, too. I wonder if others have noticed this.

Originally this update was to fix a problem of setting the car for delayed charge.

After much frustration, I have a tip to people trying to set the electricity rate and charge times. YOU MUST start with 12 am as the starting point, not per se what the electric company tells you about the rate times. Thus, if you have a winter off-peak that is in force at 12 am, set the time to start then. Assume, peak starts at 6 am. Set the finish at 6 am.

Now assume that peak runs from 6am to 8am, set that etc. Now, lets say peak is again from 6 pm to 9 pm. You set that. Then, off peak (maybe the last window on the energy page) starts and runs from 9 pm to 12.

The car is wonderful, BTW.

Last edited by drpaxis-SolVolt; 11-05-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: for got to add this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM

No, my mileage is going down to the cold weather, I got my 2013 10/5 and had a high of 38 miles, now closer to 30 as I run heater, lights, and such most of the time. I expect the mileage to go up as it gets warmer (spring).
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 AM

That is interesting, I just bought a 2013 Volt a few days ago and have just over 100 miles on it. On a full charge I show 38 miles as the range but the other day I did my first trip requiring the gas engine to turn on, made it 44 miles on battery. I'm wondering will the range will show more as I drive it as I am in Southern California and the weather is mild? Loving the car too, BTW.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM

Depends on how you drive. There are some members on the gm-volt.com forum that have gotten over 50 miles on a charge. Today my range was 28 on a full charge. I did a pre-heat on my 240v EVSE, but still needed significant heat during the driving today. But I still did all my driving today on electric!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy61 View Post
That is interesting, I just bought a 2013 Volt a few days ago and have just over 100 miles on it. On a full charge I show 38 miles as the range but the other day I did my first trip requiring the gas engine to turn on, made it 44 miles on battery. I'm wondering will the range will show more as I drive it as I am in Southern California and the weather is mild? Loving the car too, BTW.
38 miles is the default value when the car is new and doesn't know how it is driven or under what conditions it is going to be driven. It will calculate a more "accurate" estimate every day based on how it has been driven in the past.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Thank you for*good*communication.

Last edited by Snivlykosh; 06-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement