Who has actually driven a Volt? - Page 3 - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:51 AM

I have a 2012 having had it for one month. I've put on 1400 miles on it using only 3 gallons of gas. My daily commute is 29 miles each way which I'm fortunate in I'm able to plug in at work. I drive 80mph on the interstate with the a/c on can it makes with around 2 to 3 miles of range left. If I drive it under 65mph it has 40-45 miles of range. Overall I'm very please with the performance and handling. It has a very smooth ride and extremely quiet with very little road noise. If your outside the range of mileage I can understand why people would shy away because of the cost but since I'm in the range I've virtually using zero gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 AM

Default Fabulous Drive

Best car I drove, quiet, torquy... I love it.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:29 AM

The wife and I just got back from test driving a 2013 Volt and I was pretty impressed. I owned a Gen 1 (possibly 2) Prius and ended up not liking it much at all (besides mpg and emissions). It was very slow, didn't handle well and just seemed like such a boring cheap feeling car from a pure driving perspective...

The Volt on the other hand is sportier and as others have mentioned felt MUCH more solid while driving. It handled even better than I was expecting and while I would still consider it to be a fairly slow vehicle it was fun accelerating and just rode really nice.

The Volt did feel a little cramped to me but not too bad. I think we are seriously considering getting one now.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 AM

one month later and we still very much love the car.

0.19 gallons of gas for almost 800 miles.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc71611 View Post
depends what jap car your comparing it with, i mean when your comparing the volt to the leaf the volt can only drive 35 miles on electric while the leaf can go 75 miles on electric, but the volt's gas tank kicks in and you can give over 300 miles on 9 gallons of gas while the leaf only takes electric so if your going on a long distance trip that would be pretty bad
Actually according to Nissan listed the Leaf's range at 47 miles in a worst-case scenario and 138 miles in ideal situations.
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/10/20...l-it-calm-you/
Their various scenarios...
http://green.autoblog.com/photos/nis...#photo-3484924

And I've driven both the 2012 and the 2013 Volt...ordering the 2013 with both safety packages...
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM

1300 miles driven, not a single drop of gas from the pump yet.

Aside from the buggy RemoteLink app, we are very happy with the Volt.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrons View Post
1300 miles driven, not a single drop of gas from the pump yet.

Aside from the buggy RemoteLink app, we are very happy with the Volt.
Well...when you hit the magic mark with no engine activity...you will...
http://www.plugincars.com/putting-th...olt-69473.html
Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM

I drove a 2011 a while back and didn't care for it at all for the most part it was my wife who hated the interior that had a white console. I could not get her past the interior styling.

Yesterday we drove a 2013 and bought the car. This demo met her standards for styling, it had leather and the overall look and feel was much better.

We're waiting for delivery of a 2013 Volt in white diamond tri-coat with a black leather interior and both safety packages. Here's what made me pull the trigger:
1. 60 months with zero interest.
2. $2K rebate from Chevy
3. $1.5K from the state of California
4. $7.5K from the IRS
5. The dealer gave me more for my trade in that I could have sold the car for.

That last point blew my mind. I've never traded in a car, I always sell them on the market. I expected the dealer to low ball me but instead I went to KBB in the dealership, told them what I wanted and after a bit of back and forth got at least $2,000 more than I could have hoped for from Craig's List.

Getting back to the test drive, it was very enjoyable. Having driven the Tesla Roadster at one point it did not match up in acceleration but two senior citizens could actually climb in without a shoe horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement