Hands-Free Calling - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum > Chevy Volt Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Register Home Forum Auto Loans Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

VoltForums.com is the premier Chevrolet Volt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 AM

Thumbs down Hands-Free Calling

We bought our 2013 about 4 weeks ago and love everything about it, except for the hands free calling. I went from a iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy 3 and they both have the same issue.

In the car, it sounds great. But, the person on the other end of the call ALWAYS asks if I am talking with my head out of the window. The background noise is so bad, that I can't use this feature of my 40k car.

Has anyone else found this issue? We stopped at the dealer and tried another Volt, on their lot, and it sounded just as tragic and unusable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM

I have the same issue with my '13. Haven't complained to the dealer yet. Anyone hear of any fix in the works?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 AM

Talked to the dealer today (Boardwalk in Redwood City) and they say it is a known issue that Chevrolet is working on, no fix yet.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM

i'm actually really surprised that every car company hasn't figure this out. obviously chevy has, even the volt has it. why doesnt ever vehicle have hands free calling
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM

That really surprised me since I have a 2011 Silverado and as near as I can tell it does not have that problem.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 AM

Default 2013 Volt -still has this problem

I had a Chevy Cruise and had no problems with the hands free calling. But when I switched to the Volt, with the same phone, I get the "talking in a wind tunnel" comments from family and friends. Recently upgraded to the newest iphone and hoped this would be resolved. No luck. I still have to use my headset.

Would love an update from Chevy on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement