Hands-Free Calling - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Hands-Free Calling

We bought our 2013 about 4 weeks ago and love everything about it, except for the hands free calling. I went from a iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy 3 and they both have the same issue.

In the car, it sounds great. But, the person on the other end of the call ALWAYS asks if I am talking with my head out of the window. The background noise is so bad, that I can't use this feature of my 40k car.

Has anyone else found this issue? We stopped at the dealer and tried another Volt, on their lot, and it sounded just as tragic and unusable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM

I have the same issue with my '13. Haven't complained to the dealer yet. Anyone hear of any fix in the works?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 AM

Talked to the dealer today (Boardwalk in Redwood City) and they say it is a known issue that Chevrolet is working on, no fix yet.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM

i'm actually really surprised that every car company hasn't figure this out. obviously chevy has, even the volt has it. why doesnt ever vehicle have hands free calling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM

That really surprised me since I have a 2011 Silverado and as near as I can tell it does not have that problem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 AM

2013 Volt -still has this problem

I had a Chevy Cruise and had no problems with the hands free calling. But when I switched to the Volt, with the same phone, I get the "talking in a wind tunnel" comments from family and friends. Recently upgraded to the newest iphone and hoped this would be resolved. No luck. I still have to use my headset.

Would love an update from Chevy on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode