Android Auto and Nexus5x/Android7 - Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Android Auto and Nexus5x/Android7

Hi,
Are there any known issues with Android Auto on Chevy Volt and Android in general or any problems specific with Nexus 5x devices?
I just purchased a Volt, and it seems Android auto is unusable as it keeps disconnecting every few seconds.

Thanks
Dmitry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:50 PM

Android auto drove me nuts in the beginning. Finally took it in to the dealer. For reasons unknown problems can occur if your phone pairs with MyLink via Bluetooth before you attach the USB cable. Also, some phones don't play well with Android Auto. I had a MotoG3 and it was slow as all get out. It worked but it didn't have the memory and speed to actually start an app like Google Maps before I lost patience with it. Upgraded to a MotoG4 and that issue went away.

I also learned that you want to use the shortest length USB cable that's practical and MAKE SURE it's a data sync cable NOT just a charging cable. The charging cables that are used with the external battery packs often only have the power wires connected in them and won't transfer data.

I now get in the vehicle, plug in the USB cable and THEN power up the vehicle. Works great and I like my Google Maps based Navigator better than the "native" maps in the MyLink navigator. For some reason the Google "Voice" knows how to use main roads and the MyLink/Onstar navigator likes back roads just because they form a straight line but add lots of time to the trip. Also, better traffic warning info through Android Auto when using Google Maps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevrolet Volt Forums: Chevy Volt Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode